Saturday, June 13, 2009

anglo-saxon bolix

I’ve been arguing for years (though maybe not very coherently) that the Anglo-Saxon invasion never occurred and that the populations and language of the inhabitants of the British Isles were mainly native to the British isles and not the product of invasion. If you look at the evidence, or rather, the total LACK of archaeological and linguistic evidence this to me seems to be just so overwhelmingly obvious. But I‘ve been enjoyable criticized and slagged off by everyone for this idea; I do enjoy a good battle especially against people who enjoy being totally conformist with no power to question orthodoxy. Sure some linguistic changes had to have occurred. Minor linguistic changes. Some invasions took place, the Vikings for example, but nothing of the magnitude that orthodoxy has always claimed.

So this morning, in my continuing quest for documentaries I watched Francis Pryor’s Britain AD ‘The not so dark ages’ which features the research carried out by Dominic Powseland in the Yorkshire Wolds one of the main sites of this so-called anglo-saxon invasion and which has it seems proved, archaeologically, that this invasion idea is pure bollix. Oh how wee woozle enjoyed himself. I am so happy.

I’m not of course and never have been an expert but I think out of my box, even when I shouldn’t I try to think out of a box, something that I think many researchers who have to function within orthodox confines and submit their work to orthodoxy cannot and do not do. It’s too easy just to go with the flow and ignore evidence or interpret evidence to make it fit. This has been my major criticism of archeologists over the years. They just follow the standard ideas and fit everything in to that. They totally ignore what is NOT there. And when you argue that lack of evidence is as telling as evidence itself you get fobbed off with more drivel from the world or orthodoxy

I have always liked Francis Pryor because he does seem to think out of his box more than your average archeo. And this documentary, even if most people are never going to consider his research and views or those of any of the people he interviews as serious, though Dominic Powseland’s views and research seem difficult to flaw, I am happy to be in such good company. It’s made my year! I’m going to have a great day today.

No comments: